Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oi! Day one

This blog was started because I have an influx of girlfriends who currently share my affinity for things like P.G. Tips, watching Extras, gossiping about Russell Brand's ardent sex life and complaining about the cost of international trips. I keep joking that I'm going to start Anglomania parties where we just get together and watch The Mighty Boosh and eat scones and cream. Do we have a problem? Yes. But considering our alternatives are: the NFL, Nickelback and no accents... we were really left with no choice.

My current obsession is Stephen Merchant from Extras. Ricky Gervais gets all the attention but seriously, Merchant is a hot, comic icon with brilliant timing. And I love that he complains about his "bulbous eyes" in real life, because that makes me feel soooo much better about mine which are (literally) probably twice the size of his (boo hoo). Anyhow, I figure the wedding invitations will have a picture of us holding hands but his head will be cut out of the shot as I'm 5'0" and he's 6'7"... who wants to come? Bring your umbrellas and famous friends, it's gonna be a hoot. And don't worry, all the proceeds from the subsequent photo spread in Hello! will be donated to charity... and Gucci. (By the way, I think I need to do a whole forthcoming entry about the magical majesty that is Hello! and OK! photospreads. Before I lived in the U.K. I had no idea such grandeur existed. The awkward posing, the strained looks of supposed happiness and reveling in excessive consumption...it is pretty amazing. )

This video has too much Jonathan Ross but look at Smerchie in that cute suit.


No comments: